Most of the side-effects reported while steaming are positive. Users have reported:
- Better sleep and lucid dreams
- Decreased swelling in legs and feet
- Decreased abdominal bloating
- Slimmer waistline
- Increased libido and sexual sensation
- Increased vaginal nectar and fertility
- Decrease in breast soreness
- Fewer headaches
- Fewer PMS symptoms and improved emotional balance
- Increased circulation and energy
- Tingling feet
- Glowing skin
- Reduction in incidence of hormonal acne
- Increased lubrication and vaginal nectar
- Scar softening
- Tighter vaginal canal
- Harmonisation with the moon cycle.
Steaming is a cleanse
Some of the possible signs the vaginal steaming is working is if you experience.
- The urge to urinate while steaming
- Brown discharge after steaming
- Increased clots or cramps during the period
- Increased dry cramps
- Increased irregular vaginal discharge (white, green, thick, clumpy)
- Emotional release
- Periods that come earlier or later than expected.
All of these signs are a normal part of the cleansing process and these signs will go away once the cleanse is complete. Please note these changes and let your practitioner know of these positive changes.
If steaming causes:
- A rash
- Diarrhoea or the onset of fresh spotting or inter-period bleeding
This could be a sign that your steam protocol or herbs might need to be adjusted or that there is an allergic reaction. If these signs occur please let me know so I can adjust the steam session as necessary or make a referral.