Who is this for?
This is recommended for users who are not classified as sensitive users as listed below.
- Women with short menstrual cycles (27 days or less)
- Women with IUD’s
- Women prone to infections (bacterial, yeast, viral, herpes)
- Women with other indicators of excess heat (i.e. hot flashes, nightsweats, infections, burning sensation)
- Women under the age of 13
- Fresh interim bleeding or spotting in between periods (or more than one period per month)
The above users will use the mild steaming set up.
What to do
- Fill your stainless steel or cast iron pot with 1.5 – 2 litres of fresh water.
- Put the hot plate into the sauna and turn on to high making sure you leave the lid off the sauna to prevent it from getting too hot.
- Bring to the boil then turn heat source to medium.
- Add your herbs to the pan and leave for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Turn the heat source off.
- Check the temperature of the steam with your inner wrist.
- If it feels comfortable you are ready to sit on your steamer.
- After 7-8 minutes the steam will decrease so you can turn the heat up on the steamer to low or slightly higher until you get the level of heat that you require.
30 minutes with a heat source underneath