Trauma Awareness Training to Build a Trauma Informed Practice
Thank you for taking the time to read about my Trauma Awareness Training. This professional development course is geared for Psychotherapists of all kinds, and Professionals in the therapeutic and Bodywork fields who are looking to increase their level of trauma awareness, to apply this directly to their client practice, to create safer client relationships and lasting change for your clients.
Why You Need This Training
This last year has been a lot - both personally and collectively. Our nervous systems have been seriously challenged - our trauma has come to the surface - and we will be returning to work with clients who need us to meet them differently than before. We need trauma aware practitioners more than ever before.
With this acclaimed and comprehensive course upgrade your trauma skillset and become an OUTSTANDING practitioner.
'The teachings from this training have now become a BEDROCK of my life.'
Its transformed the way I work with clients. It has provided skills which have allowed me to create deeper safety and trust with clients, and upgrade my skillset as a practitioner.
Through understanding nervous system regulation and trauma theory, It has provided tools that I have used in every aspect of life, allowing me to have greater insight into the way I hold my own trauma and deeper self-compassion and self-trust.
It is delivered in a consent focused and empowering way, creating permission to go at the right pace for each person. Thanks to Catherine I felt safe and held throughout the training.
She embodies the work that she teaches, and I deeply respect how she models this with integrity.
Madalaine Munro - Sexologist
Why Learn from me?
Hello, I’m Catherine Hale and I’m committed to bringing trauma awareness into the world to make us safer and more effective practitioners. And so we can truly heal ourselves and our clients from the trauma we carry in our bodies, hearts and minds – from the collective trauma laid down in the soil of our culture – families and bodies - to the trauma from our disconnection with the Earth.
I spent decades of feeling stuck despite ongoing personal development work – therapy – catharsis – depth psychology – and Tantra. I felt my anger, cried my grief, stepped into the fire of shame. I looked for quick fixes – Pushing – Forcing – and Over-Riding myself. But nothing really transformed the emotional pain I was feeling and I wondered if it would always be like this.
My soul was begging me to find a different way.
My prayers were answered and I’m eternally grateful for discovering trauma informed body based practices like Trauma Resolution coaching, TRE (Trauma Release Exercises) and Somatic Experiencing. In these body based practices I learned to relate to myself at the level of soul – heart – mind and body with a Kindness I’d never felt before.
I remember a session where my body gently shook, the tears of relief I felt for how gentle it was – the joy in discovering so much space within me and just how safe I felt.
I never knew healing could be that powerful – yet so soft and gentle.
There was no pressure – no trying to get anywhere. I was learning to feel in a Doable way. I learned about:
Less is More
Slow is Sexy
One Drop At a Time
Resourcing Myself to Meet what Arises
Finding and Magnifying the Places That Feel Good
I dropped the idea of needing to release it all in one session. Instead I entered an inner landscape of Choice - Gentleness – Compassion - Vitality – Trust in Myself – Trust in my Body’s Wisdom - Trust in Life and began to reclaim a life based on thriving.
My invitation - if you’re a practitioner, coach, body-worker, therapist or healer - is to expand your trauma informed-skillset, to deepen your connection to your inner guidance - to choose which clients you work with, to share in community, and to change the world we live in, one doable step at a time. If that resonates then maybe this is the training you’re looking for.
What You Will Takeaway
- Skills for instantly building safety in your practice that you can apply straightaway
- Resourcing so you can feel immediately more resilient and resourced in your client sessions and for your own trauma healing
- Recognition of important and nuanced trauma responses so you know how to respond to your client effectively
- The latest essential neuroscience teachings on trauma including nervous system hierarchy theory, brain structure responses to trauma, and Polyvagal theory
- Revolutionary boundary skills to create the results your clients long for
- Critical trauma first aid skills to keep your clients safe when they're triggered
- Intelligent and empowering relational rupture and repair skills supporting return to right relationship with clients and others in your life
- Simple practitioner care skills - to create a life-time of regenerative practice and avoid burn out
- Safer practice skills - knowing your medicine and truly choosing who you work with
- Powerful growth through being part of a learning environment where we weave in predictability and rhythm, always knowing where you are on the map of this shared journey
- Essential money skills - how trauma impacts your relationship to financial wealth. Exclusive class on how to grow into being a mature custodian of money.
'This was an EXCELLENT introduction into the complexity of trauma.'
I now know that trauma can take many forms and be felt/experienced in many ways, but also I feel stronger and more empowered and protected to hold the space for a client if they feel the need to release.
The course gave me strong foundations which I am developing as I see each client.
The best part of the course was the total acceptance that sometimes I might not be willing/able to contribute. Even though I attended 4 out of the 5 sessions live, I realised that if I didn't feel that I could share I didn't have to, but when I did it was accepted and made to feel valuable.
The pace was excellent! Thank you Catherine!
Lynne Roscow - Soft Tissue Massage Therapist
You Will Receive
- 5 x 2 hour online live calls with Catherine to cover the course content
- Access to all course videos – so you can watch at your own pace
- 2 x Q & A live calls
- Comprehensive lesson by lesson workbook - with diagrams explaining all the key concepts
- Access to a private Facebook support group - where you can receive answers to your questions
- Support buddy system
- £450 is the full price of this training when you pay this 10% goes into the scholarship fund to support people less economically resourced than yourself
- £350 is the early bird price
- Dismantling systems of White Supremacy are important to me, therefore scholarships are available for black, indigenous and people of colour on this training
- For repeat attendees there is a 50% discount off the full price enter REPEAT50 at checkout
'Catherine has created something very VALUABLE here, and delivers it in a way that is gentle and easy to digest.'
So many courses teach just techniques relating to the subject matter, and stoke the excitement of helping people, yet miss out the vitally important part - relating to the client in their suffering.
Catherine embodies the concepts she teaches which helps with integration of the material. As I make the move into coaching, this short course with Catherine has given me the confidence to work with clients on a one to one basis.
Red Willow - Holistic Health and Eating Coach
Who You Are
- A heartfelt and talented practitioner, coach, body-worker, therapist or healer
- Perhaps you work as a sexuality practitioner – hands on or hands off the body
- Maybe you know you're missing some trauma skills and know now is the time to learn them
- It might be you’re getting stuck or triggered when your client’s trauma shows up – or at other times too
- Perhaps you’re longing to create more safety, nurturance and empowerment in your work whether you work online or in person
- It might be you’re looking to create more choice in who you work with
- Maybe your relationship to money is unsustainable - you don't know why - and may feel shame around it
- Perhaps you're longing to create rhythms of care and regeneration around how you work - but you're stuck in patterns of over doing or collapse
This Course Is Not A Right Fit If
- You’re seeking a personal trauma healing program – I offer a 1:1 coaching program which would suit you better
- You are looking for me to help regulate your nervous system on the course
- You want a fast pace of delivery
- You don’t work professionally as a practitioner, coach, body-worker, guide, therapist or healer
- You want a professional qualification certifying you as a Trauma Practitioner
'I feel my professional capacity to make sure my women's groups are a trauma informed space has definitely INCREASED.'
The calls were great - I really enjoyed the ones I attended live, both the timing and length were good for me. I was super grateful for recordings because I could pause it, take notes, listen again....really valuable thank you!
Nikki Chambers - Creator of Moon Sisters
This course is dedicated to increasing our awareness of trauma through:
- Direct teaching
- Embodiment practices
- Awareness practices
- Partner work
- Community building
While this is not a personal trauma healing course – you’ll discover how trauma informed skills support you to Regulate – Stay Grounded – and give you More Capacity to be with what life throws at you at this time of great global uncertainty.
'Catherine is very generous with her experience and knowledge. She holds a safe space to delve into these topics all from a place of invitation and choice.'
Before the course I didn't know what it meant to be trauma informed - I used to override or shut my feelings down.
Now it has given me a deeper understanding of the subtleties and nuances of what trauma is and how it shows up in my nervous system. Understanding trauma at this level has allowed me to be more compassionate with my feelings and explore new methods of regulating.
As a marketing coach I now see trauma in my clients can often take the form of overwhelm, shame of being seen, resistance and avoidance. Practicing what I've learned from this course I now have tools to support my clients in a trauma informed way to provide safety through structure, choice and ease.
I am very GRATEFUL to this work for the understanding and compassion it has given me for myself and my clients and the ongoing practice and healing it provides.
Shivani Ottaway - Marketing Coach
My Teaching Style
This is what previous Trauma Awareness Training participants have share about me:
- Really safe and embodied
- Invitational with tons of permission
- Deep knowledge base
- Engaging and inspiring
- Crystal clear and structured
- Heartfelt and calm
- Encouraging and empowering
- Respectful and non-shaming
- Slow and doable
My Training And Experience
I am a professionally certified Trauma Resolution Practitioner, a Rebloom Coach and a Sexological Body worker. I’ve also trained in the Wheel of Consent – Psychosynthesis Psychotherapy – Energy Healing – Tantra and Sacred Sexuality – Sexual Shamanism – Vaginal Steaming - Pelvic Health. You can read more about my qualifications here.
In the last 8 years I’ve worked with 100’s of people supporting them with trauma resolution, particularly sexual trauma resolution - enabling them to find their true sexuality, in one to one, group, retreat and workshop settings.
I’ve worked with Rachael Maddox through both level one and two of her Rebloom Coach training and continue to work with her in supervision. I deepened into working both somatically and soulfully with trauma, learned practices to work with the 7 Core Wounds of Humanity, and discovered even safer ways of working with my client’s triggers.
I’ve worked with Katie Sarra through many 1:1 trauma resolution sessions. It was a profound journey using the Wheel of Consent and the Emotional Command System to unravel trauma, to develop choice and agency and to discover what I truly wanted. I learned the power of developing awareness in order to house somatic experiences and how to uncouple sensations from traumatic experiences.
I’ve worked with Indigenous peoples and people trained by Indigenous peoples, learning ritual, and ceremony to deepen my connection and love for the Earth.
Read What Others Have Shared About The Course
I found the course really supportive in my journey of learning how to be trauma aware. The information offered was clear and concise and I felt Catherine brought a lot of different approaches to healing trauma together for me in a way that was really inspiring. I learnt a lot from the way Catherine held the sessions. I was seeing the tools and skills she was teaching in action and able to experience how this felt - both a deeply permissive, welcoming and empowering space. I was moved by the simplicity, depth and potential for healing of this way of working with people.
Trauma Awareness training Participant
Thank you, thank you for the past 5 weeks. I can't imagine this time without the invitations and increased awareness the training has offered me. The invitation to soften further and become more aware of the felt experience of my own trauma imprint and noticing where this shows up and beginning to recognise it better in others. Such deep teachings that I will be watching all the sessions again and following up particular areas of exploration and research.
I didn't end up joining the live sessions and this felt right for me this time, but I very much valued the reflections and sharing of the other participants. It was so rich I almost forgot each time I was watching the recording as I went to comment in the chat. I feel privileged and grateful.
Jem Ayres - Orgasmic Embodiment Coach
Catherine presents such a huge, important but potentially overwhelming subject with such ease and clarity that it makes it inspiring, super accessible and easy to integrate into your work life and client sessions.
This training is so needed in the world! It's a simple training, just 10 hours time investment, yet it packs so much value and awareness. I wish this was compulsory for every single practitioner - the world would be a much more healed place if it were!
I loved the layout, design content and facilitation of the course. It was wonderfully held, deep yet gentle foundational workshop in trauma. I feel regulated, empowered, tooled up and inspired.
The depth and knowledge and awareness that Catherine embodies is in itself a very safe holding container for this deepening of knowledge for others.
It felt like a super safe space right from the beginning. I love how you modelled what you taught: orientation, structure asking for pronouns in the opening round.
It’s a fascinating subject which gets to the core of being human and how we can effect change in the world through regulating our nervous systems – thank you!!
The space was so well held – I felt full permission, acceptance and non-judgement – I really felt relief! I thoroughly enjoyed Catherine’s facilitation. Such grounded, clear and inspiring teaching! You have my FULL confidence.
Thank you so much for you. I loved your pace and clarity. Its been great to tune into the energy of your support again. I'm feeling nourished.
The explanations and diagrams were really clear. I loved the group participation. There was invitation and choice throughout and Catherine’s lovely caring energy with no stress shone through.
I am beyond grateful for such a comprehensive and thorough grounding in trauma. I loved the way you gave permission encouraged us to REALLY take care of ourselves!
What I Hope For You
I hope you feel inspired to join me on this course to co-create a safer space for your clients so their weary bodies can rest into the cocoon of care you can provide. I hope that you find ways to nurture and tend to your own needs enabling you to be in balance as you live in regenerative harmony with all of life.
Whether you choose to take that journey with me or someone else I deeply know that together we can make the world the more beautiful place our hearts know is possible.
Blessings and love