10am - 12pm each Wednesday from 21st October to 18th November 2020
The Trauma Awareness Training is an introduction for experienced practitioners, coaches, body-workers, therapists and healers who are looking to support their clients with heartfelt and soulful trauma resolution approaches.
During these times we need trauma aware practitioners more than ever before - to support our clients to sense and awaken the health that resides deep within them. Fostering an awakening which serves a new paradigm of Connection - Love - Co-Creation and a deep respect for all livings beings on this Earth.
This training teaches you the fundamental and essential practices of nervous system regulation - which feeds sustainable growth, anchors vitality and reconnects us to our inherent worthiness. Once mastered these tools have magical powers that transform and not just your clients but in your own neurology every time you use them.
"This training is so needed in the world! It's a simple training, just 10 hours time investment, yet it packs so much value and awareness. I wish this was compulsory for every single practitioner - the world would be a much more healed place if it were!" Natalie (Trauma Awareness Training Participant)
Hello, I’m Catherine Hale and I’m committed to bringing this work into the world to make us safer and more effective practitioners so we can truly heal ourselves and our clients from the trauma we carry in our bodies, hearts and minds – from the collective trauma laid down in the soil of our culture – families and bodies to the trauma from our disconnection with the Earth.
I spent decades of feeling stuck despite ongoing personal development work – therapy – catharsis – depth psychology – and Tantra. I felt my anger, cried my grief, stepped into the fire of shame. I looked for quick fixes – Pushing – Forcing – and Over-Riding myself. But nothing really transformed the emotional pain I was feeling and I wondered if it would always be like this.
My soul was begging me to find a different way.
My prayers were answered and I’m eternally grateful for discovering trauma informed body based practices like TRE (Trauma Release Exercises) and Somatic Experiencing. In these practices - based on awareness of the body – I learned to relate to myself at the level of soul – heart – mind and body with a Kindness I’d never felt before.
I remember a session where my body gently shook, the tears of relief I felt for how gentle it was – how much space I had discovered within me and just how safe I felt.
I never knew healing could be that powerful – yet so soft and gentle.
There was no pressure – no trying to get anywhere. I had opened the door to feeling more in a Doable way. I learned about:
Less is More
Slow is Sexy
One Drop At a Time
Resourcing myself to meet what arises
Finding and Magnifying the Places That Feel Good
I dropped the idea of needing to release it all in one session. Instead I landed into an inner landscape of Choice - Gentleness – Compassion - Vitality – Trust in Myself – Trust in my Body’s Wisdom - Trust in Life.
"The depth and knowledge and awareness that Catherine embodies is in itself a very safe holding container for this deepening of knowledge for others." - Hugs, Trauma Awareness Training Participant
If you’re a practitioner, coach, body-worker, therapist or healer and you’re ready to expand your trauma informed-skillset, to deepen your connection to your inner guidance and want to change the world we live in – then maybe this is the training you’re looking for.
Who you are
- A heartfelt and talented practitioner, coach, body- worker, therapist or healer
- Maybe you work as a sexuality practitioner – hands on or hands off the body
- Maybe you have your own history of developmental or sexual trauma
- Maybe you’re getting stuck or triggered when your client’s trauma shows up – or at other times too
- Maybe you’re longing to create more safety and nurturance in your work
- Maybe you’re looking to create more choice in who you work with
- Maybe you know slow is healing – even if you chronically rush
- Maybe you want to support your clients in an empowered way
- Maybe your soul knows the power of sovereignty – and you want to share this with your clients
- Maybe you’re willing to show up for sharing and harmonising with others to co-create a more beautiful world
When This Course Will Run
5 week online course on Zoom. Live sessions will be every Wednesday from 21st October – 18th November. Sessions will be recorded and available for one month after each class for you to download and watch at a later date. Click for times around the world
This Training Includes
• 5 x 2 hour online calls
• Access to a private Facebook support group
• Lesson by lesson workbook (downloadable)
• Opportunity to ask questions and receive support
• Access to all course videos – so you can watch at your own pace
• Access to our online community
- £350 is the full price of this training when you pay this 10% goes into the scholarship fund to support people less economically resourced than yourself
- £250 is the early bird price which ends on 5th October 2020
- For those who identify as BIPOC/BAME, we'd like to offer a 50% discount enter BAME50 at checkout
- For repeat attendees there is a 50% discount enter REPEAT50 at checkout
Are You Ready to Book?
This course is dedicated to increasing our awareness of trauma through:
- direct teaching
- embodiment practices
- awareness practices
- partner work
- community building
While this is not a personal trauma healing course – you’ll discover how trauma informed skills support you to Regulate – Stay Grounded – and give you More Capacity to be with what life throws at you at this time of great global uncertainty.
During The Course You’ll Explore
- How orientating to health is the medicine
- How choice underpins all trauma resolution
- Resourcing to build a wide base of support
- Basic trauma theory
- Basic nervous system hierarchy theory
- Basic brain structure responses to trauma
- Basic Polyvagal Theory
- Healthy boundaries: the foundations to trauma resolutionBody boundary exercises
- Creating safety in your client practice
- Recognise nuanced trauma responses
- Trauma First Aid: keeping a triggered person safe
- Relational Rupture And Repair: return to right relationship
- Gatekeeping: choosing who you work with
- Exploring your level of trauma skills in your client practice
- Community building and sharing
You’ll also experience learning where we weave in predictability and rhythm, always knowing where you are on the map of this shared journey.
Maybe You Will Leave The Course
- Feeling more resilient and resourced for your own trauma healing
- Feeling more knowledgeable about trauma and how this relates to your clients
- Feeling more empowered working with your clients
- Feeling you have a basic trauma first-aid tool kit to work safely and effectively with your clients
- Knowing which clients you want to work with
- Recognizing your professional capacity and knowing who to refer your clients to when needed
- With access to our growing community of trauma aware practitioners through a referrals network as well as Facebook group
- Calling yourself a Trauma Informed Practitioner – and knowing there is more to learn - and embody - before calling yourself a Trauma Practitioner
"I am beyond grateful for such a comprehensive and thorough grounding in trauma." - Lucy Rowett, Trauma Awareness Training Participant
This Course Is Not A Right Fit If
- You’re seeking a personal trauma healing program – I offer a 1:1 coaching program which would suit you better
- You are looking for me to help regulate your nervous system on the course
- You want a really fast pace of delivery
- You’re primarily looking for a space to be social and hang out
- You don’t work professionally as a practitioner, coach, body-worker, therapist or healer
- You want a professional qualification certifying you as a Trauma Practitioner
Why Learn From Me?
I’m here for transformation. Mine – yours – the collective and the Earth’s.
I want to invite you into a more magical way of living in harmony with all of life – where you’re held and guided to find a different way of being with yourself – Empowered – Loving and Deeply Alive.
I want us all to reawaken to the beauty, the magic and the mystery that life offers us in each and EVERY moment – by reawakening from the trauma spell and returning to the forgotten landscapes of our bodies, hearts and souls.
I love being slow - being connected to what matters to my heart - to savour life - deeply. I love to listen to the birdsong every day and know deeply just how blessed I am for my life.
I want us to fall in Love with this Earth and its people – to remember the simple ways – to give thanks and to celebrate this life we’ve been given. I want us to care for the Earth and all those creatures that live upon her and to feel our interconnectedness.
My dream is being part of a land cooperative where community can gather - where we can remember the old ways - where we dream into being the future we are proud to pass on to our grandchildren. Where each day we have our hands in the soil - infusing it with our love and gratitude just because we can. Where each day is celebratory and punctuated with prayer and song - with meaning - ritual and ceremony.
Are You Ready to Book?
My Teaching Style
This is what previous Trauma Awareness Training participants have share about me:
- Really safe and embodied
- Invitational with tons of permission
- Deep knowledge base
- Engaging and inspiring
- Crystal clear and structured
- Heartfelt and calm
- Encouraging and empowering
- Respectful and non-shaming
- Slow and doable
My Training And Experience
I am a professionally certified Trauma Resolution Practitioner and a Sexological Body worker. I’ve also trained in Wheel of Consent - Psychosynthesis Psychotherapy – Energy Healing – Tantra and Sacred Sexuality – Sexual Shamanism – Vaginal Steaming and I’m currently training to be a Rebloom Coach.
In the last 8 years I’ve worked with 100’s of people supporting them with trauma resolution, particularly sexual trauma resolution- enabling them to find their true sexuality, in one to one, group, retreat and workshop settings.
I’ve worked with Rachael Maddox through level one of her Rebloom Coach training and continue to work with her through the level 2 of her program. I deepened into working both somatically and soulfully with trauma, learned practices to work with the 7 Core Wounds of Humanity, and discovered even safer ways of working with my client’s triggers.
I’ve worked with Katie Sarra through many 1:1 trauma resolution sessions. It was a profound journey using the Wheel of Consent and the Emotional Command System to unravel trauma, to develop choice and agency and to discover what I truly wanted. I learned the power of developing awareness in order to house somatic experiences and how to uncouple sensations from traumatic experiences.
I’ve worked with Indigenous peoples and people trained by indigenous peoples, learning ritual, and ceremony to deepen my connection and love for the Earth.
Testimonials - What Other Participants Have Shared About The Course
"Catherine presents such a huge, important but potentially overwhelming subject with such ease and clarity that it makes it inspiring, super accessible and easy to integrate into your work life and client sessions." Jem Ayres Orgasmic Embodiment Coach (Trauma Awareness Training Participant)
" I found the course really supportive in my journey of learning how to be trauma aware. The information offered was clear and concise and I felt Catherine brought a lot of different approaches to healing trauma together for me in a way that was really inspiring. I learnt a lot from the way Catherine held the sessions. I was seeing the tools and skills she was teaching in action and able to experience how this felt - both a deeply permissive, welcoming and empowering space. I was moved by the simplicity, depth and potential for healing of this way of working with people." Annie (Trauma Awareness Participant)
"I loved the layout, design content and facilitation of the course.It was wonderfully held, deep yet gentle foundational workshop in trauma. I feel regulated, empowered, tooled up and inspired." Drew
(Trauma Awareness Training Participant)
"It felt like a super safe space right from the beginning. I love how you modelled what you taught: orientation, structure asking for pronouns in the opening round." Eva Weaver (Trauma Awareness Training Participant)
"It’s a fascinating subject which gets to the core of being human and how we can effect change in the world through regulating our nervous systems – thank you!!" Lou (Trauma Awareness Training Participant)
"The space was so well held – I felt full permission, acceptance and non-judgement – I really felt relief! I thoroughly enjoyed Catherine’s facilitation. Such grounded, clear and inspiring teaching! You have my FULL confidence." Stevie (Trauma Awareness Training Participant)
"Thank you so much for you. I loved your pace and clarity." Grace (Trauma Awareness Training Participant)
"The explanations and diagrams were really clear. I loved the group participation. There was invitation and choice throughout and Catherine’s lovely caring energy with no stress shone through." Lisa Collins (Trauma Awareness Training Participant)
"The way you gave permission encouraged us to REALLY take care of ourselves!" (Trauma Awareness Training Participant)
Online Course Cancellation Policy
I write a very clear description of my online courses, including content and who the course is suitable for. Therefore, once an online course has been paid for - I don't offer any refunds.