Trauma Awareness Training
Date: 7th Mar 2020 - 8th Mar 2020
Time: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Address: Heaven on Earth HQ, Banwell, BS29. Full address sent on confirmation of booking.
About the Event
Learning to be a safe and skilled practitioner requires a great awareness of many aspects, including trauma.
This weekend is dedicated to increasing our awareness of trauma through embodied practices, meditation, partner work, journaling, consensual touch, and offers introductory guidance on what to do when trauma arises. We’ll cover how it can manifest, what to look out for, and guidance on how to keep someone safe.
This is not a personal trauma healing event however we’ll explore some of your personal experience of trauma so you learn to develop embodied understanding which can be translated when working with clients.
In the first instance this training is for students of the Tantra Massage training run by Gayatri, but other people looking to develop their professional interest in creating safety while working in the Tantric healing arts can apply.
During the weekend, you will learn about
• How choice underpins all trauma resolution
• Definitions and direct experience of your boundaries
• How to work with consent including embodiment of The Wheel of Consent teachings
• Introduction to the nervous system hierarchy and brain structure responses to trauma
• The role of shame in perpetuating trauma
• From stuckness to vibrancy: using the emotional body to clear trauma
• How to find inner resources and safety so we can pendulate into the trauma vortex safely
• How to stay with and keep safe a person when they’re triggered
• How to support the person to come back into social engagement and attunement
• The importance of coming back to right relations when there is a trauma response
• Guidance on how to repair any relational rupture
• How to assess your level of proficiency in working with trauma and the importance of creating a referral network
You will leave the weekend:
• feeling more confident and empowered while working with your clients
• with an adequate trauma first-aid awareness and tool kit to work with clients when trauma arises in your sessions, both safely and effectively
• knowing how to actively support the resolution of trauma both in yourself and with your clients
• recognizing when you are out of your depth and know who to refer your clients to when needed
Timings for event:
10 – 6pm Saturday
10 – 5pm Sunday
Cost of the 2 days: